Port to Port Ferry Crossing
Go between Port Chalmers, Quarantine Island, Portobello or Careys Bay by Ferry! Receive an explosive commentary as you travel right through the centre of Dunedin’s extinct volcano, between ports.
Head across for coffee, food, entertainment, shopping, to see friends or to Cycle The Loop .
Take your friends, children, dog or your bike! You’ll see and hear about Otago Harbour History and industry as the trip is fully commentated by the skipper. Spot the shipwrecks, historic Quarantine Stations, birds and other boats along the way.
Please allow approx 10-15 minutes for a ferry transfer.
Adults $20, Children $10, each way.
Bicycles $15 each way. (Dunedin's locals discount available by buying a concession card.)
Transfers between Portobello and Carey's Bay available. For people dining at or visiting the Historic Careys Bay Hotel.
Mini Harbour Tour-25 Minutes
Want to get on the harbour for a shorter experience? You’ll receive full commentary and see lots of interesting things on the way. Great for a quick harbour experience, for children, to test out your sea legs or if you are short on time.
Its the ferry trip, back to back, finishing at the same place you started from.
- Adults $40, Children $20-return
- (Infants (0-2 years) $16 return)
Bookings are essential. Minimum numbers may apply.
Thank you for understanding our need to run efficiently.
|Port Chalmers (Back Beach)
to Portobello or Quarantine Island
|9:30am *busy periods/on demand|
|3:00pm/3.30pm *busy periods/on demand|
|Portobello to Port Chalmers or Quarantine Island|
|1.15pm/12:35pm *busy periods/on demand|
|6:10pm *busy periods/on demand|
- The times in BOLD are the more regular times. We always need to meet minimum numbers (usually 4 adults return) to run a transfer.
- The times listed in italics under *busy periods/on demand, usually run on busier days. Please ask us if you prefer the time in italics or have any questions.
- Quarantine Island ferry usually returns to pick you back up approx 2 hours later, on the ferry running in the opposite direction. Differing times or overnight available.
Join a wildlife cruise to see albatross, fur seals and more! From Portobello Wharf, Portobello, or from Back Beach, Port Chalmers 10 minutes after advertised times, on request. Going to Taiaroa Head Nature Reserve and albatross colony.
Allow 2 hours
Adults $125, Children $72, Infants $30 (Locals disount available if you live in dunedin. See booking form for code to apply.)
(Infants ages 0-4 years, children ages 5-15 years)
Bookings are essential. Minimum numbers may apply